Halloween pies!

Hi guys! So seen as Halloween is right around the corner I wanted to try and Cook some Halloween inspired pies. I decided to make savoury pies as I always make sweet ones. I found it easy to make these and it didn't take to long!! I hope these inspire you to make your own Halloween themed foood!! 
Preheat the oven to 160°c
 To make the filling I used:
Diced beef, carrots(x3), a potato, an onion, oxo cube, a table spoon of kethup and brown sauce, salt, pepper 
 To make the pastry I used:
225g flour, 1 egg and 115g of butter. 

Filling
Firstly I put the beef into a bowl and mixed a table spoon of flour and a tiny bit of salt and pepper. The flour is optional.

I then diced the carrot, potato and onion(which isn't in the picture because our eyes were stinging!!!!!)

Add sunflower oil (or any oil) to the pan. Fry the onion until it's soft.

Put some oil in a seperate pan and cook the beef untill brown.

Add the potato and carrot to the onion and fry until cooked. I also added a bit of cabbage but that is optional. 
When cooked, add in the table spoons of ketchup and brown sauce. Also add the oxo cube. Place in the oven whilst making the pastry. 

Pastry
Now to make short crust pastry, add flour and butter into a bowl and rub untill you make bread crumbs. Whisk one egg and add a bit at a time. Not all of the egg has to be used. Roll the dough out and put into a greased muffin tray. Make sure you cut out the correct amount.

Roll out the pastry to the size needed and cut pumpkin faces into it. Be extra careful!! Add your beef filling to the pastry that's already in the baking tray then add the top. Use a fork to go around the edges. This will seal the pies. Cut or pull off any excess pastry. Finally place them in the oven for about 40 minutes and then they are ready to be served! 




I found making these pies quick and simple. It was also good fun especially cutting out the pumpkin faces. The end result was delicious and left me wanting more!! These would be great for parties, buffets or just to make for a bit of fun like I did. 
Thank you for reading!!!! New blog will be up soon :D 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NATURAL DAY TIME MAKE-UP ♡

Lush obsession!

6 THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY IN 2016