CHESTER ZOO | GIRAFFE EXPERIENCE


Where It All Began!

Hi Guys!

It was my Nanna's birthday in August so for a gift Tom, Tony and I all put to for a giraffe experience at the Zoo. She absolutely adored it. She was able to feed the giraffes and learn new things about them. One being that Giraffes have a blue tongue. This being because, in Africa they have always got there tongue stuck out eating. When it was pink it would often get sunburnt however, evolution  took over and made it blue so, that it repels the sun and they no longer have sun burnt tongues.  I find that very interesting. 

We visited the zoo last week. It was only My Nanna, Grandad and I  as everyone else was working. The zoo isn't to far away from where we live and is called Chester Zoo. It's such an amazing zoo. They are always finding ways to improve the animals habitats and also ways to make the whole day better for those who visit. The animals have very large enclosures and you can tell they are very well looked after. Not to long ago the zoo opened an area called 'The Islands' Its a bit of land set out like islands such as Bali and Fiji. It's spectacular. We were luck to visit on a hot day so it literally felt like we were there. 

I felt very lucky to of been able to see the Jaguar up close as usually when we visit, you have to play the game of who can spot the Jaguar. There was a baby Zebra who I managed t capture a picture of however, he was sleeping so it isn't the best photo. Still adorable though! A lot of people look straight past the ants, beetles and fish but, I find them very interesting how they go about there little days. I always wonder if they think like we do and have litter conversations with each other.
 t's amazing to think that the zoo started off by a man who took in animals and then ended up buying that enormous house (pictured above), and later built his garden into a zoo.

they have a wide variety of animals at Chester Zoo Varying from Asian Elephants to Komodo Dragons.  The zoo didn't have my favourite animals which is a Giant Panda and a Red panda however, seen as the numbers are on the rise it wouldn't surprise me if they soon get one!

Being surrounded by animals fills me with so much joy and happiness and makes my little heart fill up with so much love!

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and seeing the wonderful photos of the animals!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NATURAL DAY TIME MAKE-UP ♡

Lush obsession!

6 THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY IN 2016